Nilemigration Logo
NILE MIGRATION does not offer consultancy on student visas/ overseas jobs/work permits/international or domestic placements.


Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) is a type of visa issued by The Immigrations Department of Australia. This visa allows skilled workers to travel to Australia to work for an approved sponsor or business for up to 4 years. This is one of the most commonly used programs for employers for sponsoring overseas candidates to work in Australia on a temporary basis.

The main requirement is that the candidate must be sponsored by an approved business. The visa has two alternatives – Business sponsorship and Self-sponsorship.


For the application for visa subclass 457 there are three steps involved. First, you have to lodge an employed sponsorship application. It is essential that the employer must be approved as a sponsor. The second step is lodging a business nomination that describes the position to be fulfilled. The third and the final step is to lodge the visa application.

The person can be in or outside Australia when applying for the visa.


The main requirements to get this visa include –

  • The candidate should be sponsored by an approved business
  • The candidate should have the required skills to fill the position that the business has nominated them for.
  • The candidate must be fluent in English
  • The candidate must meet the required registration and licensing obligations

Do I Qualify for Australia Temporary Work Skilled Visa - 457?


 1. What does the visa allow me to do?

Once you get this visa you will be able to –

  • Work in Australia for up to 4 years
  • Travel in and out of Australia as and when you want
  • Bring your family members to work or study in Australia.

 2. Are there any costs, other than that of application of visa that I might have to bear?

Apart from the application cost you would have to bear the cost for medical and health assessments, police certification, and various other certificates and tests.

So, are you ready to get a AustraliaTemporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) !

Through Nile Migration you can apply  AustraliaTemporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) click here

You may call the qualified immigration experts at Nile Migration on contact no. 011-49444555 (Delhi), +61 2 9037 8432 (Australia).

To confirm your eligibility for Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457), you may fill the free assessment form. You may also send your queries with regards to Australia immigration and PR visa to email id-

Free Visa Assessment Form

To know about Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) processing time, application costs and more kindly, visit our FAQ page.

Free Visa Assessment Form

Blog /News


Free Visa Assessment Form