ABOUT THE VISA
This is a special category temporary visa leading to permanent residency in up to four years. This is a state specific regional relocation opportunity to Australia. Nominations are offered to aspirants who have skills and experience in occupations that are in particular demand in the specific regional areas of a state or territory.
Skilled workers who are nominated by Australian state or territory government agency or sponsored by eligible relatives living in a designated area in particular state fall under the Australia Skilled Nomination Sub-Class- 489 visa program. Visa holders who belong to this category are required to live and work for minimum of up to four years in the nominating state’s specific regional areas before applying for permanent residency through Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) pathway.
Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass- 489) is perfect for candidates who cannot meet the prerequisites of Australia Skilled (subclass -189 /subclass -190) Visa for any reason and who wish to have a faster migration through state/region / relative sponsorship.
To apply for this visa the candidate is required to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through Skill Select to apply. The person can be in or outside Australia when applying for this visa. To submit the ‘expression of interest’, the applicant must be competent in English language, and must possess a positive skill assessment pertaining to the nominated occupation from the relevant assessing body. Once the invite is received, the candidate needs to submit relevant documents supporting the expression of interest within 60 days. During this period, the applicant is not allowed to alter any information given in the ‘expression of interest’.
The main requirements to get this visa include the following –
- You must nominate an occupation that is on the relevant Australian State skilled occupation list.
- Be willing to live and work in the nominated sate’s specific regional areas for up to four years
- You must obtain a suitable skill assessment for the particular occupation
- You must be nominated by an Australian state/ territory government agency or an eligible relative to sponsor.
- Age must be less than 45 years
- You must achieve the score specified in the invitation letter based on the factors of points test
- You must be competent and fluent in English language
1. What does this visa allow me?
As mentioned above this is a permanent resident visa of Australia. Once you get the visa you will be allowed to –
- Work and Stay in nominating state’s specific regional areas for 4 Years
- Apply for Australian Permanent Residency
- Travel to and from Australia for 4 years from the date of issue of visa
Are there any costs, other than that of
application of visa that I might have to bear?
- Apart from the application cost you would have to bear the cost for medical and health assessments, police certification, and other certificates and tests as and when require.
- So, are you ready to get a Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass- 489) !Through Nile Migration you can apply Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass- 489) click here
You may call the qualified immigration experts at Nile Migration on contact no. 011-49444555 (Delhi), +61 2 9037 8432 (Australia).
To confirm your eligibility for Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass- 489), you may fill the free assessment form. You may also send your queries with regards to Australia immigration and PR visa to email id- email@example.com
To know about Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass- 489) processing time, application costs and more kindly, visit our FAQ page.