Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) For International Students In Australia
Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) is designed by the Australian government for international students those who have completed their studies and graduated from any college in Australia. This visa gives them the permission of working temporarily in any part of Australia.
There are two types in this visa
Graduate Work Stream: This visa is for those international graduates whose study field is related to the skills which are mentioned in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) of Australia. The validity for this is for about 18 months from the date which is granted.
Post-Study Work Stream: This is for the students (international) who have completed their higher studies from any education provider in Australia. This is available for the students those who have applied for or were getting their visa of Australia for the very first time on 5th of November 2011 or after that. In this the visa is granted for approx four years on the day visa is being granted on, which depends upon the qualifications of visa applicant’s.
Requirements for visa
- You need to be under the age group of 50 years and have an eligible visa like a subclass visa 572, 573 or 574.
- You also need to have a proficiency in English (both reading and writing)
- Also there is no debt on you under the Australian government and if you have any debt you somehow managed to pay for the same.
- You’re physically fit and don’t have any major health issue plus you have a good moral conduct.
- You also need to meet the entire Australian requirement for study. Which are:
- You’re schooling was done from an English medium school
- You have completed any degree or diplomas for award by the Australian education institute which is registered on Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- While you are in Australia you have completed your studies.
Requirements for Skilled Graduate Stream
- Your study field needs to fall under SOL list
- You also need to nominate one occupation in the SOL list
- Also you need to meet the requirements studying in Australia for maximum two years.
Benefits of the Visa
Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) will help your family and you to stay here there in Australia for temporary after when you have completed your education. While living in Australia you’re allowed to travel, work and study.
Cost of the visa
- For Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) visa it will cost for around 1440$
- The Additional Applicant Charge for age group 18 and above will take 720$
- And Additional Applicant Charge forage 18 and below will cost 360$
Some additional charges
Translation for documents and certificates will depends upon the person who’s checking and how much number of copies needs to be certified. Medical examination will also need to be done in which the payment is directly made to the doctor who’s examining you. And also Police check is also need to be done to know that you don’t have committed any crime in past.