When starting out, everybody plans for an increasing career graph, wanting to have a work life that will take them to new places, show them the world and give international exposure. There a lot of options that can be taken up to fulfil this. With the world becoming smaller with every passing day, more and more opportunities are lining up for suitable candidates. The only thing is that moving to another country is not as easy as travelling within your own. There are a lot many speculations to be made for executing and there is lot more paper work to be done. If you are involved in a technical field, there are career specific guidelines that have to be met. You are assessed on a number of parameters, for example if you are planning for immigration to Australia as an ICT support engineer 263212, there are some programme qualifications that you will need to possess and some level of expertise that you must have.
The job requirements of a Support Analyst/ICT Support Engineer:
He is expected to fulfil the following roles in his capacity:
- He performs and carries out audits and quality checks. Also, study and examine the system, data and documentation.
- Makes assessments for high danger areas and obtains obedience for processes and standards while marking out high danger areas and variations.
- If non obedience is found with any compliance, he lays down remedial measures. This is done by reviewing and checking the processes.
- He carries out technical supervision and guidance for training in software and other processes.
- He addresses the issues of testing, analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving of the system.
The necessary qualifications for the job:
The candidate is assessed on two parameters here. The first is job experience of the applicant, and the second is qualifications under immigration policies:
- Work experience: The said applicant must be possession of a minimum of five years of work experience. Or she/he should be having a Bachelor’s or any other equivalent (or superior) degree that states his/her qualification. In some special cases, applicable experience (first-hand training) can also be sought.
- Programme qualifications: The candidate has also to qualify under the immigration plans that are laid down by the immigration authority of the country. There are various doors for entry, such as the Points Based Skill Migration Permit, Temporary Business (Long Stay) (Subcategory 457), Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), etc.
The international citizen:
Living abroad is a dream. But even dreams come with price tags. It is necessary that you follow all the steps correctly or it may lead to complications later on. For once your application enters the assessment process, not even the authorities will be able to help you out if you are lacking a document. These visas have a waiting period before you are allowed to apply again, so it would be wise to follow it through in the first time only.