British Columbia, located on the western coast of the Atlantic region is the most important province of canada. British Columbia is primarily known for its cultural diversity, marvelous infrastructure, and its contribution to canadian Economy and GDP. British Columbia PNP or BC Provisional Nominee Program (BC PNP) is for the people who are set in the labor market and economy of British Columbia. Those who got selected under the British Columbia PNP (BC PNP) will get a nomination certificate and they will be eligible for permanent residency in British Columbia.
British Columbia PNP (Provisional Nominee Program) consents applications under two immigration streams:
- Skills immigration
- Entrepreneur immigration
Skills immigration comprises five subcategories as follows:
- Skilled Worker category: If you are applying under this subcategory then you must take care that you must have received a job offer in your skilled occupation and also you must have at least 2 years of experience in the appropriate occupation.
- Health Care Professional category: If you are applying under this category then you must have experience as a nurse, psychiatric nurse, physician, or allied health professional and must have a valid job offer.
- International graduate category: If you are applying under this subcategory then you must have a bachelor’s degree from an eligible educational institution and must have a valid job offer from a British Columbia employer.
- International postgraduate category: If you are applying under this category then you must be graduated masters or doctoral degree in natural science, applied science, or health science from a valid educational institution in British Columbia.
- Semi-skilled worker category: If you are applying under this category then you must be working in a certain semi-skilled position in food processing, tourism, hospitality, or trucking.
Express Entry British Columbia: this allows you to have the processing priority for both their British Columbia PNP or BC PNP application and permanent residence application. Express entry British Columbia deals with the application under the skilled worker category, Health care category, International graduate student category, and International postgraduate category
Skill immigration Registration System (SIRS): British Columbia PNP or BC PNP launched the new registration process on 27 January 2016 namely SIRS, which planned to process the received nomination applications. This is a point-based system that gives the points to the candidates based on the factors like education level, years of work experience, employment offer, etc.
Entrepreneur immigration: If you are intended to invest and settle in British Columbia then you can apply under this immigration stream. This immigration program comprises of following two categories:
- Entrepreneur category: If you are applying under this category hen you should note that you have to be a senior manager or business owner as this category is for business owners or senior managers who want to invest in business purposes in British Columbia.
- Strategic projects category: If you apply under this category then your foreign-controlled company can set up operations in BC. Only five foreign professionals, managers, or staff members can be nominated for permanent residency in British Columbia.
The British Columbia PNP (Provisional Nominee Program) or BC PNP application could take up to 9 to 18 months in processing.