The express entry is a point based immigration program in Canada, which is used for selecting skilled workers for Canadian immigration. This program was mainly introduced to attract migrants and to ease out the immigration policies of Canada. Express entry is an electronic system which consists of the federal government, provincial governments and the Canadian employers. It is also known to be one of the most popular immigration systems. There are different programs that come under the express entry system for which the candidates can apply:
- Federal skilled worker program, in this mainly those who are voluntary workers and those who do unpaid internships are considered.
- Federal skilled trades program; there is a qualified criteria according to which candidates are considered for becoming permanent residents.
- Canadian experience class; a person should have 12 months of full time experience as skilled worker in Canada in the past three years.
- Provincial nominee program; in this the Canada’s provinces and territories can nominate people to immigrate to Canada.
Things to Remember
Once the candidates have applied then the immigration refugee citizenship Canada launches the list of draws to select the candidates. In the list of express entry draws Canada 2015-2016 by the end of the year about 3000 invitations were sent out and some great and talented people were called to apply for PR. These people were selected according to a few factors and the eligibility criteria which are necessary. So express entry is a great program but there are a few factors that this program considers which eventually help the candidates in scoring point.
- Work experience
- Language proficiency/skills
- Educational qualification
The candidates are evaluated upon these factors; after which the candidates are called to apply for permanent residency.
Eligibility Requirement for Express Entry
In order to get through the list of express entry draws just like the 3000 who got through the list of express entry draws Canada 2015-2016 the candidates have to fulfil these requirements:
- A person applying for the PR through the express entry program should have financial ability to support their life in Canada.
- Candidates are required to have atleast 1 year of work experience which can be full time or part time but the number of working hours should be the same.
- English or French proficiency skills are very important.
- One has to apply for the occupation according to the Canada occupation list; if you are eligible for an occupation then only should you apply for PR through the express entry system.