The Federal Express Entry System is the fastest and most hassle-free system to apply for immigration Visa. IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) launched this online immigration system which gives points on the basis of the profile. It takes skilled labours from different countries which can meet Canadian labor market’s demand. It chooses candidates on the basis of CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) which is point based system. The registered applicants have to mention factors like education, age, work experience, English or French proficiency.
What is necessary for applying to Express Entry System
- Language Proficiency: Proof of language proficiency in English or French via IELTS (International English Language Testing System) , registered testing and certification agencies, for English. The score must be CLB 4.
- Education: Foreign Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to be submitted along with application for Canada Immigration.
- Health and Character requirements : Good Health and Character necessary.
How does the Express Entry System Works?
- An online profile is to be created on Express Entry system. You will have to also submit Expression of Interest or EOI if you are interested to immigrate to Canada and get a permanent residency Visa.
- The profiles which are present in the Express Entry System are to be reviewed by IRCC (Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada).
- Based on Language proficiency, Education, Work experience and skill marks are given to candidates.
- Express Entry draw is launched by IRCC and the qualifying or cut off marks or CRS score is set for that particular draw.
- The candidates who have received marks equal to or more than CRS score receives invitation to apply or ITA.
- Within 60 days of receiving ITA, he has to respond back and apply for PR visa.
Express Entry Draws in Different Years
2015 – Express Entry was launched in 31st January 2015 and we will see the progress it made till 18th December 2015. Initially, the CRS score cut off were kept really high. The cut off was nearly 900 and the candidates who got selected were limited. The ones who had job offers from Canada or some province got the chance. Along with the passing time, the CRS cut off score was reduced and it finally stabled nearly at 450. The number of individuals selected per draw also increased. They started selecting with just 800 candidates and it touched 1500 candidates within the same year in a draw.
As the marks for being eligible started to fall, more candidates were interested and there were more people who received invitation to apply or ITA.
2016- The CRS score was stabilized to 450 marks and number of people drawn were also nearly 1500.
IRCC which is the top authority of immigration has decided there will be 1,000,000 people into the country by 2020. There is shortage of skilled professional in Canada so people can use this opportunity to move to Canada and look for job. There is also a buzz that CRS score cut off can fall to 350 points. So, this is the best time to apply for immigration.