Canada provides not only good standards of living but also makes available excellent career growth opportunities. For the same reason, it witnesses huge number of applications by candidates every year seeking immigration into the country. The government of Canada also recognizes the benefits that it stands to gain from having such a huge pool of aspirants to choose from. There are many special qualifications that these immigration aspirants carry with themselves apart from the fact that they add great value to the diversity of Canadian community. If you are involved in the education sector and wish to move to Canada in response of gaining opportunities there, you can gain entry into the nation with the help of the Canadian express immigration plan under the category 0421 Administrators – Post-Secondary Education and Vocational Training.
The eligibility of the candidate:
It must be noted that this category is not for the academics themselves (they fall under a different code) but for those individuals involved in the administration processes of academic field. Their duties must encompass the following to be eligible:
- Handling the appointments of the faculty members.
- Scrutinising and regulating the curriculum that is to be followed in these institutions.
- Being able to perform advisory role for the Principal or the designated head of college.
- Be involved in the development of the curriculum and extra curriculum activities.
- Should be able to plan, develop and recommend the activities related to academics in a college.
Some examples of those who fall under this category are as follows:
- University registrar
- Science dean
- Provost – University
- Faculty administrator, etc.
The process of assessment:
Apart from fulfilling the above mentioned criteria, the candidates seeking immigration under 0421 Administrators – Post-Secondary Education and Vocational Training should also follow through on paper work required. This formal process includes the following condition:
- Documents: The applicants must have a graduate degree in their field and/or any superior degree that proves them to be qualified for the job they are applying for. Without valid proof their applications would be sent no further. Hence it is necessary that their educational qualifications have a Canadian standing or is equivalent to a similar degree of Canadian standing.
- Experience: apart from being technically sound, they must have certificate that shows their working experience from the previous years. In some cases this is made mandatory while in others it remains a matter on the instruction of the employer. But usually, having several years of experience under one’s belt is a compulsory condition. Academicians too are eligible under this criterion. If not in administration, the applicant must be involved as a professor in a university or a teacher in a college.
Canada’s immigration and visa policies are not as severe as some other nations. It follows a relaxed but thorough approach to ensure that quality finds a way into the country. And that every immigrant brings with himself/herself something that benefits the community.