What is Yukon Nominee Program and its requirements?
Located in the westernmost side of Canada, Yukon a federal province is one of the renowned and beautiful places in the country. The province is an ideal place for nature admirers and who pay great value to well-built neighbourhoods. The applicants who desire to reside in Yukon have to apply for Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) and if the applicant fulfils all the requirements of this program, he/she will be selected to get PR to Canada under this program.
What is Yukon Nominee Program?
The YNP is the Provincial Nominee Program of Yukon, through which a prospective candidate with appropriate skills and experience (as required by the province) might get a YPNC (Yukon Provincial Nomination Certificate) that permits the aspirant to apply for PR to Canada to permanently live and work in the region of Yukon.
Types of Streams in YNP
YNP consists of the following four streams
- Yukon Express Entry (YEE)
The YNP Express Entry (YEE) enhances the general allocation of 190 applications for the YNP by 60 additional applications. These additional applications can be selected through the Federal Express Entry pool of applicants. The employers in Yukon who require skilled workers for job openings, but had been unable to find appropriate Canadian citizens or PR’s have access to select applicants from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) the Express Entry pool of applicants.
- The applicant must meet the necessities of one of the below given Federal Economic Immigration Programs.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Have an applicable job offer from an appropriate employer from Yukon for permanent and full-time work.
- Have sufficient funds to hold up themselves as well as family members.
- Have completed the online procedure of Express Entry application to get a Job Seeker Validation Code.
- Skilled Worker
This stream permits Yukon employers to back and sponsor overseas skilled workers for PR in Canada. Though, the sponsored applicant must be laboured in a profession listed in National Occupational Classification (NOC) of Canada.
- Have minimum one year of work experience in the related profession.
- Have proof of French and English language proficiency.
- Need to be the lawful resident of Canada, if applying while you live in Canada.
- The sponsoring employer must be a lawful and eligible resident of Canada.
1. Critical Impact Worker
This category permits employers in Yukon to sponsor overseas skilled workers who have considerable experience in the profession that is highly demanded in Yukon.
- The applicant must have Minimum experience of 6 months in related profession.
- Proof of proficiency in French or English language.
2. Business Nominee
This category is for individuals who acquire verified business experience as well as desire to initiate a new venture or partner/operate/ purchase an existing business within the territory. However, the candidate must have a significant amount of money to invest in the business.
- The applicant must have visited Yukon once before applying
- Have sufficient proficiency in English or French language.
- Must have a good experience of at least five years in related business.
- Must have minimum liquid and solid assets of net worth $250,000.
If you also want to reside in Yukon, you can apply through any of the above Yukon Nominee Program streams.