Move to Nova Scotia under Nominee Program
If you are looking forward to immigrate to Nova Scotia then NSNP program lets you do that. Some set of eligibility criteria is there which you should meet. We shall discuss about Eligibility Criteria of Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) to understand the requirements for the same.
Let us begin with the most sought-after information regarding immigration to Nova Scotia. This province in Canada is considered to be highly preferred one for many reasons. You can stay and work here in a comfortable manner.
What is NSNP?
This is a popular program to move to Nova Scotia in Canada. Many streams are there to apply under NSNP which are as follows:
- Skilled worker stream
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- International graduate entreprenuer stream
- Entreprenuer stream
Eligibility criteria for NSNP
Talking about Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry program, you need to meet the following criteria:
- From a recognised university, you must have a diploma or a certificate which should be equivalent to a Canadian institution
- You should also have one year full time work experience in the last ten years of living in Canada. You experience should be in NOC skill type 0, Skill level A or B.
- Your language proficiency has to be up to the mark in speaking, writing, reading and listening in french or English. You will have to score well through some tests which include IELTS, TEF, CELPIP. You will be required to score through CLB or Canadian Language Benchmark.
What are the selection factors?
With six selection factors, you will have to choose three. In these three fcators, you need to gain 67 points out of 100. These six factors are as follows:
- Ability in English or French score should between 28 points
- Adaptability has to be scores uptill 10 points
- Age, you need to score maximum 12 points
- Arranged employment in Nova Scotia makes you score around 100 points
- Education, you need to score maximum 25 points
- Work experience requires you to gain 15 points
All in all, you need to score 67 points out of 100. Some other programs are also there under Nova Scotia Program.
There are many other categories of this program as well which have a slight variation in terms and conditions.
Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
If you have worked for atleast one year in Nova Scotia province then this scheme is for you. Under this scheme, you will have to get registered in Federal Express Entry System. The candidates who are registered can directly apply to NSOI or Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.
International students can apply under Skiller Worker Stream. For entrepreneurs, there is International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream. If you wish to start your business in the province, check out for Entrepreneur scheme. With the above schemes, it becomes easier to move to Nova Scotia on a permanent basis. You can pick the scheme available under NSNP based upon your eligibility fulfillment.