New Zealand Partner Visa

New Zealand Partner Visa

You started to talk to a New Zealand Citizen or resident and began to like him/her. In no time the both of you began to want to be together. You decided to be in a relationship but do not want a long distance relationship. He asked you to re-locate with him to New Zealand. There is no point worrying about how will you go about it as New Zealand immigration authority offers a partner visa that allows you to bring your partner and dependent children. The partner can be issued temporary as well as resident visas. You need to check the category under which you fall by going through the criteria that helps you qualify for the visa.

If you are a partner of a New Zealand Resident or Citizen then you may apply for Partnership-based visa to work based on the fact that you meet the application requirements. This application for work does not require a job offer to be processed. You should consider applying for this visa if you meet the following:

  • Your partnership needs to be genuine and stable
  • You qualify for the health and character requirements
  • You must have the support of your partner
  • You must be living with your partner
  • Your partner must be suitable to support your application

If your partner is a New Zealand citizen or resident you can apply for a visa ranging from 12-24 months depending on the length of the relationship. Your visa shall be valid for the same time period if your application is dependent on your partner’s temporary visa.

An Australian national or permanent resident could sponsor a partner’s visa. It is mandatory to show evidence that the primary place of residence before you can support the application was New Zealand.

If you are in a relationship with a New Zealand citizen or resident you can apply under the Family Partnership category.

The Skilled Migrant Category or Residence from Work visa of your partner allows you to be included as a secondary applicant in your partner’s application. One of the important requirements for this category might be proficiency in English language.

Request a Call Back