Now that you have thought of working and living in New Zealand you need to see which visa allows you to do that. You can apply for the Silver Fern visa after checking the criteria. Here is an insight into this visa. There are two Silver Fern visas which are:
Silver Fern Job Search – It permits people to enter New Zealand for nine months to search for skilled employment. The limit for this visa has been set to 300 places per year. The applicant must hold occupational registration/ assessment if it is required for your job.
Silver Fern Practical Experience – It has been brought into effect to bring youthful skilled people to New Zealand. For this visa there is no annual limit to the number of people who can apply for it.
In order to qualify for this visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Age – The person applying for this visa must be aged between 20 and 35.
- Qualification – The aspirant should meet all of the educational criteria. He/ she should have a renowned bachelor’s degree or renowned trade qualification with a minimum of two years of experience in the same trade.
- Outside New Zealand – The individual should be outside New Zealand during the application process.
- Health and character – The person applying for this visa is required to fulfill the character as well as health criteria.
- Language – The candidate must be able to qualify for the English language requirements. The aspirant must have IELTS level 6.5 when applying under the Skilled Migration Category.
- Funds – The applicant while staying in New Zealand must have sufficient funds to support themselves. In order to meet your day to day needs you need to carry a minimum of NZ$4,200.