To acquaint with the amazing lifestyle in Australia, choosing to study in Australia is a great start. The country has the resources to provide top class universities, English language schools, and practical vocational colleges to support and help the international schools in the process of building their skills.
If you intend to stay in the country for a longer duration, getting a study visa in Australia is the way to move ahead.
Many Indians migrate to Australia for pursuing their higher education every year. You will be eligible to apply for a study visa for Australia from India by studying these courses:
- University Courses (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, PhD)
- English Courses (IELTS preparation, General English, Cambridge, etc.)
- Vocational Courses (Tourism, Business, Hospitalities, Marketing, Sports 7 Fitness, etc.)
Nile Migration is a leading immigration consultant agency in India to help assist aspirants study in Australia. You will get to avail guidance and assistance from the top experts and professionals with whichever study program you wish to proceed. We will be there to direct you through each and every step in the student visa process for Australia that needs to be taken to ensure that your profile gets approved. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Getting an Australian Student Visa
There are several benefits tagged with studying in Australia.
- Getting a student visa will let you study as well as work in the country for the entire course duration. You will be able to work 40 hours every 2 weeks during study days and full-time on vacations. It is the best way to expand your stay after Work and Holiday Visa or Working Holiday Visa.
- It will allow you to either apply for a long-term or short-term visa. Some of the students study for only 6 months whereas some choose to study for about 3 years on their Student visa.
- There is no age limitation when comes to applying for education in Australia. Though, there are certain conditions involved for students under the age of 18 years.
- You will be able to attain an official degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) or diploma that will be recognized by the educational framework of Australia. The qualification will be recognized internationally with high weightage. It will also enable you to apply for a work visa in Australia.
- After graduating, you will be able to apply for Post-Study Work Visa of a span of 2 years after graduation. This will let you work full-time in the country for 2 whole ears and gain greater experience in the field.
- You will also to able to include your partner or family members when applying for the student visa application. This lets your family join you in Australia when you will be studying there.
Study Visa Duration
It will depend mainly on the chosen program:
- Your visa will be valid for a span of 6 months for a 6-month course.
- A student visa will be valid for 3 years for a 3-year program
To be eligible for a student visa, the program length must range between 12 to 52 weeks. The length of your program will decide the additional time your visa will be granted after finishing the course.
- Below 10-months duration (1 month extra)
- Over 10-months duration (2 months extra)
- Over 10-months duration with the term ending in December (3 months extra)
Cost of Student Visa
Applying for a student visa (subclass 500) will cost about $560 AUD. The price will be the same regardless of the program length. However, the prices may vary depending on the location you are applying to for studies.
Renewing the Student Visa
You have the eligibility to renew your visa for how many times you want, but you have to remain enrolled in a program that has been approved by CRICOS. The question of the genuineness of your profile and application may arise if you apply multiple times.
Student Visa Requirements
The requirements necessary for a student visa are:
- You will need a Letter of Offer or Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) from the university or college you have applied to. Make sure that the course you have selected for higher studies is under the CRICOS framework.
- You will have to provide evidence that your intention of studying in the country is temporary in nature and only for the purpose of studying. You will also need to submit a statement complying with the integrity measure followed by the Australian student visa programme. This document will be assessed to see if you meet the GTE requirement. You can read more about it in the website of Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- You will have to show the availability of sufficient finances to support your travel expenses, living costs, and tuition fees. The requirements will differ according to the institution you will be applying for.
- An up-to-date certificate of a globally recognised English Language Test must be present with your visa application. This will not be applicable for students who are citizens of Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, USA, Canada, and UK. There are some other exemptions as well. IELTS is the commonly used test for calculating the English Proficiency score.
- A health examination is also mandatory for Student Visa application. It will depend on factor like:
- Type of visa
- Duration of stay
- The risk of tuberculosis in the applicant’s country
- The planned activities in Australia
- Special circumstances
- Any other medical conditions
The cost of the medical examination is on the applicant.
- Character requirements are also mandatory. Necessary police certificates need to be submitted along with the application to assess your character.
- Applicants applying for Student Visa will require OSHC insurance for the duration of their course in Australia. It is a mandatory policy which is necessary for all applicants. This health insurance will cover all the hospital and medical expenses that might occur during the stay in the country. It will also include ambulance and pharmaceutical services.
The authorized government providers of OSHC insurance include:
- Allianz Global Assistance
- NIB OSHC
- AHM (Australian Health Management)
- Medibank Private Allianz Global Assistance
- BUPA OSHC
Any help or query regarding any of the mentioned requirements, you can make a call right away at Nile Migration. The highly qualified experts will be happy to assist you here.