So you decided to take a vacation in New Zealand this year. In order to visit New Zealand as a visitor or a tourist one would need a “Visitor Visa”. You can live in New Zealand for 3 months once you have been issued a general visitor visa (tourist visa). If you wish to live for more than 3 months then you can apply for an extension. New Zealand, Australian or British citizen/residents are exempt from applying for this visa. Let’s take a look at some of the cases where you need to apply for this visa if:
- Visiting family or friends
- Undertaking medical treatment
- Studying a course that has a duration of 3 months
- Coming to New Zealand for Business
- Performing cultural events or playing a sport without charging money
HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISITOR VISA?
To file a paper application you need to collect the forms form Visa processing centers and fill it with all information asked by the immigration authorities. You need to pay the application fees and submit the form along with the fees. You should ensure that you fill the forms carefully with all accurate data. For some countries, one also has to provide biometric details. However, if you are Indian you need not provide the same. It is advisable to submit the forms personally at the Visa application centers.
PREREQUISITES FOR APPLYING FOR A VISITOR VISA
You need to fulfill the following requirements to obtain the visa:
- You should be healthy by furnishing medical records
- You need to have a valid passport as one of your primary travel document
- Prove that you have can take care of yourself and your family financially and be able to survive in New Zealand during your period of stay. Cash should be carried based on your duration of the stay and whether you are going to explore New Zealand alone by residing in a hotel, pay for your travel and food or live with family or friends.
- Possess good character and no criminal background